Mandy's Musings

Ramblings of romance author Madeline Baker/Amanda Ashley

Friday, July 27, 2012

I LOVE TV

I don't watch a lot of TV - but I can't wait for the return of Hawaii 5-0, The Mentalist, Grimm, Once Upon a Time, The Vampire Diaries, Person of Interest, The Middle,  and Hell on Wheels.

I also love Longmire and I'm glad it's being renewed for another season.

I guess I should revise my opening statement. I don't watch a lot of network tv. Mostly, I watch reruns on cable - shows that are timeless - like The Dick Van Dyke Show, M*A*S*H, Cheers, The Andy Griffith Show, and Frasier. These shows had STORIES and actual PLOTS, they weren't just a bunch of suggestive jokes strung together.  Little wonder so many new shows don't last a month, let alone 10 years. It's no secret why the shows I mentioned are still being broadcast. They were about something - about people we cared for.

And then there's I Love Lucy - surely no other show in the history of TV has lasted so long. I don't think it's ever been OFF the air!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home