Mandy's Musings

Ramblings of romance author Madeline Baker/Amanda Ashley

Saturday, February 16, 2019

TV Rant

So, I used to be a BIG fan of Last Man Standing. In fact, it is one of the three shows currently on tv that I watch these days (other than M*A*S*H and Frasier reruns) So, I was thrilled when I heard it was coming back.....until I saw the new Mandy. I'm sure she's a very nice person, but she will NEVER be Mandy. IMO, she's not funny at all and and there is absolutely NO chemistry between her and Kyle. Personally, I think they should have written Mandy out of the show - sent her to NY or something - and kept Eve.

I don't think I've missed any of the new season but in the most recent episode I realized there was also a new Carol. Did I miss something?

I know there's a new Boyd, but kids grow up so that happens from time to time and doesn't bother me.

Sadly, Eve is mostly gone, though she makes an appearance now and then.

It didn't bother me when they changed Kristen's for some reason. Not sure why.

I think it's sad when the best shows on TV are reruns.

My other complaint, about TV in general, is that commercials seem to be getting longer and longer!
I hate all those little ads with people talking about this product or that. Nobody believes them. Why don't companies just say, "This is our product. It works. Try it." Plexiderm is the worst of all. Those ads must be 5 minutes long. Thank goodness for the mute button!!!!

Geico, stick with the lizard!

Progressive, stop trying to be funny. You're not.

And all those commercials for medications that come with 5 minutes worth of side effects. Sheesh, why would anyone want to try something that could not only cause dozens of side effects, but "may cause death"?

Speaking of reruns, why do movies insist are remaking old movies? You can't beat the original casts in True Grit. Or Overboard. Or Ghostbusters. Or the Magnificent Seven. These are classics.

Okay, enough complaining. I feel better now.

Happy Spring!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home