Mandy's Musings

Ramblings of romance author Madeline Baker/Amanda Ashley

Friday, May 04, 2007



On May 2nd, a lady in NY sent me an email saying she had seen one of my books on Ellen. Due to the time difference between here and NY, I was able to watch the show here. The book was FEATHER IN THE WIND. Ellen came out on stage in a bed because she had hurt her back and during some segment called "What I found at the drugstore", she held up some things that her staff had picked up, and last of all, was MY BOOK! She said something like, “The book is called 'Feather in the Wind' by Madeline Baker, New York Times best-selling author” and then she read part of a love scene out loud....

“She looked up at him, helpless to resist as he lowered his head and kissed her. Fire. Rivers of fire racing through every vein. Oceans of fire engulfing her, consuming her, until she couldn't think of anything but his kisses, the touch of his hands on her skin inflamed her, making her yearn for more.
"Black Wind..." She drew back and gazed up at him, gaspingfor breath, and then, standing on her tiptoes, she pressed her lips to his. They stood close, close enough that she could feel every inch of his body against her own.”

Ellen then read a little to herself, then murmured "oh, that'll throw your back out", which got a good laugh. She read a little more out loud, then held up my book again and told people to go out and buy it. It was so cool!

Ellen, thank you so much!!! You made my day!

Mandy

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE Feather in the Wind!! It's one of my favorites of your historicals, and since I think I own nearly all of them, that's something. I surely do wish your publisher would re-up your contract. I'm addicted to Indian romances and there's very few authors who write them well.
Mary

12:41 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Hi Mary ~ I'm happy to know you've enjoyed my historical romances. I loved writing them and hope the day will come when I'll be able to return to the Old West.

Mandy

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home