Mandy's Musings

Ramblings of romance author Madeline Baker/Amanda Ashley

Monday, June 09, 2008

REVIEW NIGHT'S MASTER



I received my first review for NIGHT'S MASTER, and thought I'd share it. Online reviewer, Amanda Killgore, said:

"Almost immediately, Kathy McKenna and Rafe Cordova are drawn together, and not just because the lovely bookstore owner can sense paranormal beings, such as vampires, which is what Rafe is. Despite all the good common sense arguments against getting involved, the two fall in love at the worst possible time, in the midst of a war between vampires and shape shifters and just as after a lull of a quarter century, hunters are on the rise again and more sinister than ever. This time, not only are were creatures and vampires in danger from them, but so are ordinary humans whose deaths could be useful. Love is a battle when your heart belongs to the undead.

How can a book be charmingly sweet yet edgy at the same time? I don't know how, but Amanda Ashley invariably makes it happen and in a unique way that keeps me impatient for her next book. The family ties she forms that provide the foundations of her worlds make you care about them, whether it's the Cordova family, or Edward the hunter turned vampire, or any other set. Night's Master is almost impossible to put down, but is also gentle enough to be relaxing. I love how she conveys the sensual without being graphic and how Rafe respects his lady's morals. We need more of that in this world, in both reality and fiction. My hat is off to my fellow Amanda."

Yes, I'm happy!!!!

Mandy

1 Comments:

Blogger Sheba's Mommy said...

That's an awesome review Mandy! I sure loved "Night's Master" too! The entire "Night" series was wonderful! Way to go!

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home