Mandy's Musings

Ramblings of romance author Madeline Baker/Amanda Ashley

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sunday, Sunday


Well, it's a blustery day here in the Inland Empire. The wind started blowing early this morning and hasn't stopped since. I was almost afraid to put my Pom outside for fear she'd blow away!

Not a whole lot happening here. I got a breadmaker for Christmas and used it for the first time last week. I'm afraid I'll be gaining a lot of weight if I'm not careful. Fresh, hot bread, what could be better, except fresh warm chocolate chip cookies.

I'm anxiously awaiting the release of DEAD PERFECT in the next few weeks. So far, the reviews have been great. Here's the latest one....

DEAD PERFECT is a perfect combination of the best of true romance, the mystery of a paranormal and the fun of a contemporary trek from California to New York and back again. It is a thoroughly entertaining glimpse into the world of a romance writer and what she…or he…experiences in the world of marketing, promotion and book signings.

What stood out most for this reviewer in DEAD PERFECT, Amanda Ashley’s latest offering in her vampire tales, is that it is a wonderfully told love story. Ms. Ashley returns readers to sweet and innocent romance. No falling in love at first meeting, no diving into bed at the drop of a hat, but a gradual coming together of two people destined for each other. Ronan’s dilemma becomes the reader’s—how can these two be together if Ronan reveals his secret while at the same time, if he does, he will lose her.

DEAD PERFECT is a fun twist on the world of a romance writer. Becoming so involved in the story the rest of the world just passes on by coupled with the excitement of meeting readers and spice of a book signing. It is refreshing to see the world through Shannah’s eyes. At times she seems younger than her twenty-four years while at the same time Ronan seems much older than his thirty-something, his age at his turning. Ms. Ashley captures old world courtesies and allure through Ronan’s manner and way of life.

If you are looking for a read that combines romance, paranormal, compassion and just plain fun, DEAD PERFECT is…perfect."


Thanks, also, to Anna, for mentioned DEAD PERFECT on her blog at Anna's Book Blog

DEAD PERFECT was fun to write. Since my vampire was a romance writer, I used many of my own experiences in the telling.

Hope you're all having a wonderful Sabbath day.

Mandy

1 Comments:

Blogger Jess (The Cozy Reader) said...

Amanda,
I read Dead Perfect last week and really enjoyed it. I posted a review on my blog.

If you could recommend a book of yours to read next what would you say?

I'm a fan of vampire books and I enjoy romance ones very much. You story did lack in the sex department but the character development made up for that.

I must say though, that the cover to your book is not that great. Why does the male have crystal blue eyes, when Ronan had dark eyes? I read Kindle Editions so I didn't have to look at it very much, only when I posted it on my blog.

Actually I saw this at Wal-Mart, took a picture of it with my iPhone, and then ordered it via Amazon to my Kindle. So, I guess the cover drew me in but it doesn't reflect the characters in the story very well.

Overall I really did enjoy your story.

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home