Mandy's Musings

Ramblings of romance author Madeline Baker/Amanda Ashley

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

To quote Dorothy, "There's no place like home!"

We were on vacation up at Mt. Lassen last week. It's a beautiful place -truly God's country.


We didn't get off to the best of starts - two flat tires before we even got there. Plus I was bitten by something that left bites the size of fifty-cent pieces that itched for days.

But, on the bright side, the weather was wonderful - except when it rained, complete with lightning and deafening thunder.

I have to admit, I hate camping, even in a camper.


On the plus side, I got to spend six days with four of my grandkids, and that's always fun. They spent a lot of time fishing in the lake and in the streams. We had fish for dinner one night, and it was really good.
My son loves to shop. I guess he got that from me, so we went into the  neighboring towns and looked around. Ate out a lot, another of my favorite things to do.

All in all, it was great, but, like I said, there's no place like home. And no bed like your own bed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home