Mandy's Musings

Ramblings of romance author Madeline Baker/Amanda Ashley

Sunday, October 24, 2004

Later That Night

Well, I couldn't stop thinking about those lists. So, off the top of my head, here's a list of my favorite movies:

My Top 8 Musicals:
1. Paint Your Wagon
2. Brigadoon
3. Camelot
4. Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
5. Bye, Bye Birdie
6. The Seven Little Foys
7. A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
8. Dirty Dancing (I saw this 19 times the summer it came out)

My Top 18 Dramas:
1. The Way We Were
2. Sayonara
3. Gladiator
4. Winning
5. All About Eve
6. Rob Roy
7. The Year of Living Dangerously
8. Spartacus
9. Top Gun (I think I saw this about 19 times, too)
10. The Long Hot Summer
11. Strangers When We Meet
12. Lifeguard
13. Home From the Hill
14 Shoot to Kill
15. Anne of a Thousand Days
16. Wuthering Heights (with Ralph Fiennes)
17. The Wind and the Lion
18. Swashbuckler

My Top 12 Comedy Movies:
1. Young Frankenstein
2. Ghostbusters
3. Packin' It In
4. One, Two, Three
5. Mr. Mom
6. The Money Pit
7. Murder By Death
8. City Slickers
9. The Santa Clause
10. Fun With Dick and Jane
11. Funny Farm
12. The Goodbye Girl

My Top 19 Fantasy, Sci-Fi Movies:
1. STAR WARS - IV, V, VI - I took my son out of school to see them.
2.Pirates of the Carribean
3. Lord of the Rings
4. Ladyhawke
5. The Princess Bride
6. Field of Dreams
7. Men in Black
8. Independence Day
9. Capricorn One
10. Planet of the Apes (the Charlton Heston one)
11. Westworld
12. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
13. Jurassic Park
14. The Mummy
15. Somewhere in Time
16. Signs
17. Dracula (the Frank Langella one)
18. Love at First Bite
19. Raiders of the Lost Ark

My Top 13 Western Movies:
1. Legends of the Fall
2. Last of the Mohicans
3. Dances With Wolves
4. Last of the Dogmen
5. Apache
6. Silverado
7. Cat Ballou
8. Support Your Local Sheriff
9. Support Your Local Gunfighter
10. Quigley, Down Under (although it's not really a "western".
11. Hondo
12. True Grit
13. The Magnificent Seven

Top 9 Animated Movies:
1.Beauty and the Beast
2.Shrek
3.Ice Age
4. Cinderella
5. Snow White
6. Sleeping Beauty
7. Monsters, Inc.
8. Tarzan
9. Toy Story

Top 9 Comedy/Dramas
1. Charade
2. Sneakers
3. Lillies of the Field
4. Doc Hollywood
5. The American President
6. Sweet Home Alabama
7. A Knight’s Tale
8. Continental Divide
9. Romancing the Stone

Biggest Disappointment:
Van Helsing

Most Looking Forward to:
STAR WARS
Phantom of the Opera
The Incredibles

I'm sure I've left off some of my favorite movies....and I'll probably think of them as soon as I post this!

Mandy



1 Comments:

Blogger Darla said...

Great list! Some are my favorites, too, and some I've never seen--I'll have to keep this list handy next time I update my queue at Netflix!

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home