Mandy's Musings

Ramblings of romance author Madeline Baker/Amanda Ashley

Friday, August 18, 2006

A Little of This, a Little of That

Well, I took the kids to see "Barnyard" today. Interesting movie. The two main characters were male but had udders. I'm not sure what kind of message this sends to kids. Mine didn't say anything, so maybe they're too young to notice. Personally, I thought the udders looked ridiculous, and not just on the male cows. I got the biggest laugh from watching a chicken shooting arrows at a target with Colonel Sanders' face on it.

We saw the Ant Bully...my kids loved it. I thought it was okay, kind of slow.

We saw Monster House, which was my fav of the three.

The weather has finally cooled off, thank goodness! I'm beginning to think anything under a 100 degrees is cool!!!!

I received the copy-edited manuscript for my next book, Dead Sexy. I hope it's as good as my editor thinks it is!

I'm about halfway through my current work-in-progress, which is usually where I come to a screeching halt and think, now what? Sometimes the answer comes to me, sometimes it takes a while, sometimes it never comes, in which case the story sort of languishes in Microsoft Word limbo waiting for inspiration to strike.

I guess I'm really out of the loop. I read somewhere that the movie, Snakes on a Plane, was originally going to be rated PG-13, but that bloggers convinced the powers that be to add more profanity, so it's now rated R. Amazing, the power of the Internet!

Hope all is well in your corner of the world.

Mandy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home