Mandy's Musings

Ramblings of romance author Madeline Baker/Amanda Ashley

Thursday, May 18, 2006

NOTHING EVER STAYS THE SAME

My old, trustworthy computer has been showing signs of wear, so last week, I went and bought a new HP. Let me say that, in some areas, change is good, but not in computers. Now, I wouldn't mind buying a new computer if I could buy a new one just like the old one. Unfortunately, you can't buy a computer with Windows '98 any more. I've heard people complain about '98, but in my opinion, it is much easier to use than XP. I also like Word '97 better than Word 2000.

Sooooooo, I've had a new computer for a week. And since I have a new computer, I decided to buy a flash drive (or thumb drive or whatever else they might be called). Such a tiny little thing. Hard to believe it will hold 1 gig of info. Actually, I couldn't believe it would hold everything on my computer, so when I went to my son's house, I plugged it into his computer just to see if my stuff was really on there. And it was! Amazing!

So, here I am with a new computer. I have another week to decide if I want to keep it. Rather nice, having 14 days to try it out. I'm pretty sure I'll keep it, and that I'll love it, once I get used to it. If I do keep it, I'll be taking my old computer to the shop to see if they can fix it. Someone said it has a virus. Maybeso, I don't know. All I do know is that the last time I tried to boot it up, I got error messages all over the place. It did eventually boot up. I haven't turned it off since then, cause I'm afraid it won't start again :)

Other than that, life is good!

Mandy
"Lied? Of course, I lied. I'm a writer - I give the truth ... scope!" Geoffrey Chaucer "A Knight's Tale"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home