Mandy's Musings

Ramblings of romance author Madeline Baker/Amanda Ashley

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Hollywood

IMO, Hollywood has reached a new low. I can't believe the Best Picture Oscar was awarded to a movie that contained 187 instances of profanity, 99 of them the F-Word., or that the Best Song Oscar was given to a song about a pimp! I guess I’m just a prude at heart.

I took my granddaughter to see The Shaggy Dog and found myself wondering why Hollywood screenwriters inevitably include a scene with two men going to the bathroom. Especially in a movie that’s aimed at children. I was still pondering that later that night when I was watching tv when, lo and behold, in the movie I was watching, there was another scene of two men standing in front of urinals. What is it with Hollywood and toilet scenes??????????

I was reading a recent copy of Entertainment Weekly that listed upcoming movies for the Spring and came to the conclusion that, except for ICE AGE and PIRATES OF CARIBBEAN2, I wouldn’t be spending much time in the theater in the next few months. Hopefully, the summer offerings will be better.

Of course, TV isn’t any better. There are only a handful of shows that I watch: Surface, Invasion, LOST, Ghost Whisperer, and Supernatural. Thank goodness for DVDs and reruns of MASH and Cheers.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!!

Mandy