Mandy's Musings

Ramblings of romance author Madeline Baker/Amanda Ashley

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Life is uncertain….eat dessert first!

I read my horoscope last week. I don’t remember what it said word for word, but it was something to the effect that something would happen that would make me realize how quickly everything in your life could turn around. Katrina certainly brought that home to thousands of people this past week. And even though I’m miles away from New Orleans, it made me stop and think about how quickly you can lose everything you think is important. My heart goes out to those who have lost their loved ones, their homes, their city.

It also served as a grim reminder of just how thin the layer of civilization is and how this kind of tragedy brings out the very best, and the very worst, in people.

Mandy

1 Comments:

Blogger Mandy said...

Perhaps that's why God sends us floods and hurricaines - to remind us that we're all in this together and that we can't make it alone!

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home