Mandy's Musings

Ramblings of romance author Madeline Baker/Amanda Ashley

Sunday, August 07, 2005

This-n-That

Well, here it is, August already. Can Christmas be far behind? Probably not, since I was in a Hallmark store on Saturday, buying Star Wars ornaments, and they had a sign at the register counting down the days until Santa comes!

I read the latest Harry Potter. Loved it, as usual. Looking forward to the next movie in November, along with the release of Star Wars, Episode III on DVD.

I've been working on a new vampire book. My critique group loves it. Me, too, at the moment. Of course, I usually love the book while I'm writing it. Then I get the galleys and think, "why did they buy this?" Writers are notoriously insecure. Well, unless you're Nora Roberts or Dean Koontz, I guess. Selling millions of copies of books and making the New York Times list no doubt gives them a wonderful sense of security. Jealous? Who, me?

I got an actual cover for my next vampire book, DESIRE AFTER DARK. As mentioned previously, I wasn't crazy about it, but the actual cover is done in foil and is very striking.

It's HOT, HOT, HOT!!!



Mandy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home