Mandy's Musings

Ramblings of romance author Madeline Baker/Amanda Ashley

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Just Hi

Wow, how the time flies. I can't believe the last time I posted was September 6th. Of course, I haven't had anything exciting to write about...and still don't. Basically, I'm stopping in to say hi.

It's been raining here. Last night we had thunder and some awesome lightning, both of which I love. I'd hoped it would cool things off, but it didn't. Still in the 80s, which is certainly better than the high 90s we were having a few weeks ago.

I've been hard at work on my new vamp book and just recently went over the half-way mark. Another 40,000 words or so, and I'm finished!

My book, Shades of Gray, was reissued this month. Dakota Dreams will be out in January; Desire After Dark in February.

And that, as they say, is all the news that's fit to print.

Mandy

JUST FOR LAUGHS

A bus carrying only ugly people crashes into an oncoming truck and everyone inside the bus dies. They then get to meet their Maker and because of the grief they
have experienced He decides to grant them each one wish each before they enter Paradise.

They're all lined up and God asks the first one what the wish is.
"I want to be gorgeous " and so God snaps His fingers and it is done.

The second one in line hears this and says "I want to be gorgeous too." Another snap Of His fingers and the wish is granted.

This goes on for a while. But when God is halfway down the line, the last guy in the line starts laughing. When there are only ten people left this guy is rolling on the floor laughing his head off!

Finally, God reaches this guy and asks him what his wish will be. The guy eventually calms down and says, "Make'em all ugly again."

SO, THE NEXT TIME YOU'RE 'LAST IN LINE'CONSIDER YOURSELF BLESSED.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home