Mandy's Musings

Ramblings of romance author Madeline Baker/Amanda Ashley

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Life

Life is so uncertain. You just never know what lies around the corner. One day you're at the birth of a baby and the next you're at a funeral.

On the 27th, our family welcomed a new baby girl. She's lovely and healthy and perfect. My best friend's family wasn't so lucky. They also had a beautiful baby girl born into their family, but the baby isn't expected to live more than a few days, a few weeks at most.

On the 28th, we went to a funeral for a young man that our sons grew up with, a boy I've known most of his life. He passed away unexpectedly. His family is still recovering from the loss of this young man's mother, who passed away only a month ago.

I don't have anything profound to say about this, no words of wisdom, no flash of insight as to why these things happen. I guess it's just life and you have to take it as it comes, the good with the bad, the happy with the sad.

Mandy

1 Comments:

Blogger Sheba's Mommy said...

I'm so sorry to hear of the tragic events of these friends of yours. I am happy, however, to hear of the birth of the new baby girl in your family! I'm glad she is well. Hope to see you soon...you know it won't be long being that Nancy and I can't seem to stay away. hehe! We love you and your cute little puppy!!

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home