Mandy's Musings

Ramblings of romance author Madeline Baker/Amanda Ashley

Monday, January 26, 2009

Never make that mistake again

IN August of last year, I had a new counter top installed, something called LG HI-MACS Acrylic Solid Surface. I was used to tile, which is practically indestructable. I could put hot stuff on it, let my kids sit on it, whatever...well, this new stuff isn't so durable. I forgot you're not supposed to put hot stuff - like a crock pot - directly on the countertop....and I did....and it cracked. Of course, it isn't covered under the warranty, so it's going to cost me $400 to have it repaired.

An expensive mistake....next time I replace a counter top (or a sink top, for that matter), I'll either get tile or granite, which I probably should have got in the first place!!!! If any of you are thinking of buying a new counter top, don't get any of those acrylic countertops...why they sell a product for kitchen use that you can't put a hot pot on is beyond me. Why I bought one is an even bigger mystery!!!!

Mandy
about to be $400 poorer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home