Mandy's Musings

Ramblings of romance author Madeline Baker/Amanda Ashley

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Fire, fire, everywhere

If you've been watching the news, you know there are a number of fires burning in Southern California. Fires are burnikng in the cities of Sylmar, Montecito, Yorba Linda, Brea, and Corona. I can see a couple of them from my house. They're in the hills, far enough away not to be a threat, but scary just the same. Numerous homes and thousands of acres have been burned in the last two days. I feel so bad for the people who have lost everything. It must be devastating to see your house and all your belongings - things that can never be replaced - go up in smoke. My prayers are with them, and with the firefighters and police officers who are involved.



We took this photo from the street. Of course, you really can't tell how bad the fire is from this picture, which was taken with my cell phone. It also looks a lot closer than it is.



Same fire from a different angle.

Hope all is well in your corner of the world.

Mandy

1 Comments:

Blogger Sheba's Mommy said...

Oh, the fires are SO scary!! Last night I could see the fires so well I could totally see all the flames...it was SO close! It's very, VERY frightening. We have some very close friends in Yorba Linda who are afraid of having to evacuate and lose their home...but as far as I know, they are okay for right now. Those were some pretty good clear photos you got with your cell phone!

5:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home