Mandy's Musings

Ramblings of romance author Madeline Baker/Amanda Ashley

Monday, September 15, 2008

SUMMERTIME

Well, we just got home from a week up in Northern California. When you live in the city, you forget how BIG the world really is. Driving along Hwy 395, we saw miles and miles of open country and acres and acres of farmland populated by cattle, horses, deer, llamas (yes, llamas)sheep, and goats.

We spent the week at Lake Almanor. There are no words to describe how lovely and peaceful it is up there. Nothing but trees and mountains, deer, chipmunks, and squirrels. Some of the deer are so tame, they'll eat out of your hand. One doe ever let us pet her.



Still, it's good to be home. A week in the camper is about all I can stand. I'm happy to be back in the land of flush toilets, bathtubs, and hot running water!!!

My book, NIGHT'S MASTER, should be out the end of this month!

Mandy

5 Comments:

Blogger Grammy Staffy said...

Welcome home.... I missed you at church. It looks like a beautiful place to camp. I'm glad that you had such a nice time.

11:09 PM  
Blogger Grammy Staffy said...

Welcome home... I missed you at church. It looks like a beautiful place to visit and camp. I'm glad that you had such a nice time.

11:11 PM  
Blogger Sheba's Mommy said...

I, too, am glad you had a nice time on your trip! Also, I wanted to tell you I'm a few chapters into "Shades of Gray" and it seems like it's going to be good. I like it already. Hope to see you soon, we need to go to the movies. I hope something good comes out in the theater soon, nothing looks that great to me right now. lol

2:45 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Hey ~ glad you're enjoyed "Shades of Gray". I'd love to see a movie. Wish there was something I wanted to see!!!!

8:38 PM  
Blogger Sheba's Mommy said...

I know, nothing that's out sounds interesting. I hate that! LOL I've got a free movie ticket too from the last time we went. I want to use it on something good. :) Hopefully something good will come out soon.

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home