Mandy's Musings

Ramblings of romance author Madeline Baker/Amanda Ashley

Monday, April 06, 2009

A sad day

Today the world is sad and gray, our cherished Teddi passed away.
Hard to believe something so small could leave such a big hole in my life. I got Teddi when she was just 5 weeks old, a little tiny fluff of fur, the only dog I ever had that was cute when she was a puppy and stayed cute her whole life. She was 17 1/2 when she passed away.



I knew I would miss her when she was gone. Her passing wasn't unexpected; she'd been sick for several months. I just didn't realize how much I would miss her, and how empty our house would feel without her.

Mandy

8 Comments:

Anonymous Chrissy Mazer said...

Mandy I'm so sorry. There is nothing like the hurt of losing a beloved pet.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Thanks, Chrissy. Teddi reminded me of the Energizer Bunny. She just kept going and going until the end.
I hope it's true that all dogs go to heaven.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Jess (The Cozy Reader) said...

I'm sorry for your loss Mandy. She's an adorable doggie!

Might I suggest that you NOT watch or read Marley & Me for quite some time.

That was such a sad but funny book and I can't believe I put myself through it again with the movie last week. We have 2 yellow labs and it just breaks my heart to think of them as gone.

My heart is with you and your family.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Hi Jessica ~ I had planned to see Marly and Me (before Teddi passed away) until I found out how it ended, and decided to skip it. Losing Teddi was just like losing my best friend.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

To love a little fluffy piece of fur is a wonderful feeling, when you lose it though there is a big hole for a long time.... I send you this to let you know that remembering all the fun and all the funny little things that Teddi did will get easier and also help you heal from the loss of your beloved little friend. My thoughts are with you.....

2:22 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Hi Jacabur ~ thank you for your sympathy and encouragement. I know time helps the hurt. I'm just glad she isn't hurting any more.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Dandee said...

I'm so very sorry for your loss.
It is never easy. You had a lot of wonderful years with her.

So sorry.

8:50 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Thank you, Sunset. I do feel blessed that she was with us such a long time.

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home