Mandy's Musings

Ramblings of romance author Madeline Baker/Amanda Ashley

Thursday, March 04, 2010

This-n-that

Can't believe it's March already. Sheesh! We've had a lot of rain here in So. CA, but that's ok, we really need it.

My Muse continues to be mostly AWOL. I did start a new story, but I have a number of ideas on my computer that are just sitting there, out of gas, so to speak. I'm hoping this one doesn't join them, but you never know.


I've been listening to the audio edition of COMANCHE FLAME, which is the first book I wrote. Hard to believe that was over 20 years ago. Talk about time going by! Anyway, it's an odd experience, listening to words I wrote being spoken. Even though I haven't read the book since I wrote it, I still remember certain words and phrases and know what the reader is going to say before she says it. And every now and then, I find myself thinking, wow, that's good! Or smiling at a particular passage.

If all goes well, some of my Amanda Ashley books may soon be available as audio books. I can't wait!

As for my current book, EVERLASTING KISS, I'm happy to say that it made the NYT list and spent 4 weeks on the USA Today Bestseller list.

And life is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home