Mandy's Musings

Ramblings of romance author Madeline Baker/Amanda Ashley

Sunday, April 11, 2010

GROAN

I have to go to jury duty tomorrow. I have to say, I'm not too thrilled by the idea. I know people who are NEVER CALLED, yet I get called every year or two.
One time, when one of the lawyers was interviewing me, he asked what I did for a living. I told him I wrote historial romance novels, and he asked me if I knew the difference between reality and fiction. I so wanted to say, is this reality? But I didn't have the nerve!



Looks like rain here in sunny Southern California. We can always use more!

Hope all is well with you and yours and that the world is treating you kindly.




4 Comments:

Blogger Dandee said...

I've never been called for jury duty and I hope I never do.

Please please please send the rain up this way! We need it!

4:06 PM  
Anonymous zehlyah said...

It's in the air, I'm telling you! I got called AGAIN (was just called last round as well) and I just had a baby on Tuesday! These people are relentless!

6:45 PM  
Blogger Pat said...

I get called on a regular basis too. The last time, though, I called every night for the week, and my group number never came up. So I didn't have to actually go. I've heard that happening to other people, but I never thought I could get THAT lucky!!

11:54 AM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Dandee, you're so lucky you've never been called. It took them 2 days just to select a jury!

Zehlyah - I think you've got a really good reason to be excused!!!!

Pat, the last time they called me, all I had to do was call in every night. That was much better than having to go in and sit and sit and sit. I mean, really, you can only read for so long!

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home