Mandy's Musings

Ramblings of romance author Madeline Baker/Amanda Ashley

Sunday, May 08, 2011

Happy Mother's Day


So, here it is, May already, and a time to remember and celebrate our mothers. If your mother is still with you, I hope you took the time to wish her a happy day and tell her how much you love her. This is a photo of my mom, her husband, and my first son.

My Mom had been gone for quite somem time, and while I always miss her, I miss her most on Mother's Day and wish she was here so I could tell her one more time how much I love her.

I had a wonderful Mom. I don't remember her ever yelling at me, only loving me. She was a fun mom and by the time I was a mother, she was my best friend. She was also a wonderful grandmother to my kids, and I've tried to be just like her. My mom had asthma really bad, but it didn't slow her down. She would be in the hospital one day, and taking me and my kids to Disneyland the next.

God bless you. I miss you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dandee said...

Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's!

7:33 PM  
Blogger Grammy Staffy said...

I had a wonderful mom too. She died long ago. I miss her. My first night in the ICU after the accident I felt her holding my hand and comforting me. Some might think I was delusional from the pain and meds.... but they are wrong. Even though I didn't see her, I felt her spirit with me and I know she was there.
I think our dear ones that have passed on are much nearer to us than we realize.

I hope you had a great mother's day. With your good husband and sweet family I am sure that you did. Hugs, Lura

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home