Mandy's Musings

Ramblings of romance author Madeline Baker/Amanda Ashley

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

How The Time Flies

Well, here it is, Wednesday already. I took Sunday off, family day, you know.

Monday, I received some sad news from my best friend and I was too bummed out to do much of anything. Her son's wife committed suicide. No one knows why, leaving behind a grief-stricken husband and six kids (3 hers, 3 his). The family is devastated. At times like this, even a published author has trouble finding the right words.

Last night, I couldn't get my blog site to open!!!! So, here it is,
Wednesday already. It rained last night, and again this morning, which is a good thing. I love the rain. When I was a little girl, I remember sitting out on our front porch, wrapped in a blanket, watching the rain and the lightening and listening to the thunder.

I'm still working on my vampire book...wondering if I'll ever get it finished! Here's a little snippet:

She shivered as she pictured his hands caressing her skin, his mouth on her bare flesh.
"Are you cold?" he asked.
She looked up at him. "What? Oh, no."
She stopped walking as his gaze met and held hers. His eyes were dark, compelling, almost hypnotic.
"Do you want to go back?" he asked.
She shook her head.
"Shannah." She looked incredibly beautiful standing there looking up at him, her eyes wide and a little scared.
His hands folded over her shoulders as he drew her slowly toward him until their bodies were only a breath apart. Slowly, he lowered his head, until all she could see were his eyes and the desire that burned in their depths.
Helpless to resist, she tilted her head back and closed her eyes as his mouth covered hers.
Warmth. Heat. Pleasure.
She swayed toward him, her body drawn to his by a force she could neither understand or ignore. She forgot everything as his lips played over hers, now gentle, now demanding. Nothing mattered, nothing but this man, this moment. If he kissed her like this until the end of time, it wouldn’t be long enough. His tongue teased hers. Desire shot through her from the top of her head to the soles of her feet. Lordy, but the man could kiss!
She moaned softly, her fingers delving into the thick hair at his nape.
Ronan’s hands slid down her back. Spreading his hands over her thighs, he drew her body closer to his. Too long, he thought, it had been too long since he had wanted a woman the way he wanted this one.

Well, l guess that's all the news for now. If you're so inclined, please say a prayer for my best friend and her family. I know they would appreciate it. And take a minute to tell your loved ones that you love them, while you can.

Mandy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home