Mandy's Musings

Ramblings of romance author Madeline Baker/Amanda Ashley

Saturday, November 05, 2011

Good News




So, can you imagine my excitement when I learned that BOUND BY NIGHT is in the running for Romantic Times Best Book of the Year in the Paranormal/Urban Fantasy category? I'm also thrilled to be one of the authors nominated for a Career Achievement Award. Considering the other authors in this category, I think my chances are slim to none, but it's nice to be nominated. Quite an honor, in fact.



In the rant department, am I the only one who thinks the CW is running way too many commercials during THE VAMPIRE DIARIES? According to my calculations, they have 18 minutes of commercials in a 60 minute show. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they didn't have this many commercials in the first season. They have so many breaks now, it's hard to keep track of what's happening. If I didn't love seeing Damon so much, I'd skip the show altogether and just wait for the DVD!!!!

Maybe a letter writing campaign is in order?

Mandy

1 Comments:

Blogger Genevieve Mazer said...

Ooh, I hate that. I end up watching nearly all of my CW shows online now because of that.

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home