Mandy's Musings

Ramblings of romance author Madeline Baker/Amanda Ashley

Thursday, May 01, 2014

Random thoughts about The Vampire Diaries

So, I just got through watching the latest episode of The Vampire Diaries...which, in my opinion, has never been as good as the first year, when we just had the Big 3 and their friends and family. The last couple of season have strained credibility. I mean, seriously, how many times can you kill the same person before death becomes meaningless? One of your favorite characters gets killed? Don't worry about it. Like the Terminator, they'll be back.

My other favorite season was when Damon and Elena fell in love. The kiss, when it finally came, was worth waiting for.

My other complaint about the show is that there's simply too many ripped out hearts and too much blood. Yes, I know, they're vampires, but sheesh, do they have to eat like pigs?

I write vampire books, but when my vampires feed, they don't have blood running out of their mouths and down their chins. A little finesse would be nice.

If it wasn't for Damon, I probably would have stopped watching at Season 3.

The best part of tonight's episode was, of course, the kiss between Damon and Elena. I guess what I want is a little less blood and gore and a lot more romance.

                                                                  In stores now

                                                                September 2014




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home