Mandy's Musings

Ramblings of romance author Madeline Baker/Amanda Ashley

Friday, May 16, 2014

Gone are the Days...

I received my new TV Guide today and read through the previews of new shows....and thought it was so sad that there wasn't ONE show that I wanted to see. Not one!!!!

I think the only new show I watched this year was Intelligence, and it's been canceled. I can't imagine why. It has a great cast, interesting characters, and an amazing, plausible plot, and yet, like Moonlight, it's gone. And so is the show that took its place.

I was glad to see that they at least renewed The Mentalist, which I love, and Castle, which I have just recently discovered. In fact, I bought the first three seasons and have been binge-watching. It is remarkably similar to The Mentalist, which may be why I like it. And I'm thrilled that Beauty and the Beast will be back!!!!!

These are the shows I watch ~

Monday
Dancing With the Stars

Tuesday
The Originals
Person of Interst
Wednesday
Arrow -  a recent addiction
Thursday
The Vampire Diaries
Friday
Grimm
Hawaii 5-0 (on my computer, since it's on at the same time as Grimm)
Sunday
Once Upon a Time
The Mentalist

And during the week, lots of Frasier reruns.

I am giving serious thought to dropping The Originals. I know I write vampire books, but this show is just too bloody for me. Not to mention that their vampires, and the ones on The Vampire Diaries, are the sloppiest eaters I've ever seen.

TV shows get worse every year. I love comedies, but these days they're just not funny. It's a sad thing when Frasier reruns are more amusing than just about anything else. Maybe today's writers should take a look at Dick Van Dyke, MASH, and Cheers. These shows are timeless. And still funny today.

Thankfully, I have a gazillion DVDs to entertain me.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home